Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 9th, 2015 09:00

MD1200/PERC H810 not seen in Nautilus A49 DOS updater

Trying to get 12-4TB disks to update their firmware attached to an R610, and it simply is not seeing them.  Is this systematic?  I can see the controller and drives just fine during POST, just not once i get up to the update utility.

July 9th, 2015 13:00

Hello, Mtexter.  

My page on the MD1200 only shows A48, I would suggest trying that one. It's likely that A49 will be a no go.

Here's a link:

downloads.dell.com/.../NautilusDOSA48_ZPE.exe

(Nautilus Firmware Update Utility for SAS and SATA disk and solid state drives, vA48, released 12/12/13

This tool creates a bootable CD, USB Flash drive, or image for DRAC 5/6 virtual media, which you'll then need to boot on to install. The update process will bring up a GUI; select Automatic Update )

This may also be helpful:

Video how-to - Choose " How to use the Hard Drive Firmware Tool with a bootable CD to update all SAS/SATA or SCSI drives."

Let me know if this does the trick.

204 Posts

July 10th, 2015 06:00

A49 worked fine when I tried the enclosure on a PERC H800 (didn't end up mattering, the version on A49 is only GS0A, i needed GS0F), so I wonder if the PERC H810 just isn't supported by DOS bootables.  I bet UEFI version A13 would have had a better shot.

Anyway, i was able to update eventually from my OS, after extracting the correct bin file from the latest SUU iso.   Procedure is here:  en.community.dell.com/.../19637978

Thanks!

No Events found!