Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

August 17th, 2019 08:00

MD3200 Degraded Physical Disk Channel and Degraded Paths

I have an MD3200 with a couple of attached MD1200 enclosures.  In the Recovery Guru I am seeing Degraded Physical Disk Channel and several Individual Physical Disk - Degraded Path messages. I have run the two commands below and then did a recheck, but the messages remain. Any other steps I can take to determine what the issue is? smcli -n "arrayname" -c "clear allphysicalDiskChannel stats;" smcli -n "arrayname" -c "set physicalDiskChannel [1] status=optimal;"

• 

6.9K Posts

August 19th, 2019 08:00

Hello Jta9999,

With an MD3200 when you are getting this error it is best to do all channels and not just a single channel. 

smcli -n -p password -c "clear allPhysicalDiskChannels stats;"

smcli -n -p password -c "set physicalDiskChannel [0] status=optimal;"

smcli -n -p password -c "set physicalDiskChannel [1] status=optimal;"

smcli -n -p password -c "set physicalDiskChannel [2] status=optimal;"

smcli -n -p password -c "set physicalDiskChannel [3] status=optimal;"

If you are still getting the errors, then we will need to look at a support bundle to see what is going on.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Posts

August 20th, 2019 21:00

Sam L, Thanks. I ran the commands. The condition cleared but then came right back. Please advise on how I can send you the support bundle to review. Thanks, Jeff

• 

6.9K Posts

August 21st, 2019 07:00

Hello Jta9999,

I have sent you a private message so that you can send me your support bundle.

• 

6.9K Posts

August 21st, 2019 11:00

Hello Jta9999,

Thanks for the support bundle as it helps to look into your issue.  After looking at the logs you have a few different issues.  First off you are correct in that you have a failed drive on Enclosure 1, Slot 8.  What I would do is to replace that drive.  I also noticed that you are running really old firmware that was released in December of 2013.  What you are going to need to do is to upgrade the firmware on your MD3200.

1 Message

January 5th, 2021 13:00

Hello we are having the same kind of issue. 

1) Individual Physical Disk - degraded path

2) Degraded Physical disk channel.

We have clear the stats on the channel.  We have a service bundle but we don't have it under Dell support.

Not sure if someone could look at the service bundle and let me know what is going on with this unit.

We have upgraded the firmware & NVSRAM 08.20.24.60 N26X0-784890-004.

Thanks,

Cobraman428

• 

8.5K Posts

January 5th, 2021 13:00

Hi Cobraman428,

If you upload it here https://dell.to/3rWmFj0 and then private message me the service tag I can take a look.

No Events found!