thenerdsec
1 Copper

MD3200 - Raid Controller Not Found

Greetings,

I have a MD3200 that had a faulty battery error. After following the instructions from Dell's website to replace the battery. When the unit was powered back on I lost the entire secondary raid module controller. 

Under Recovery Guru, it indicates that the "Raid Controller Module Removed" and how to fix it. 

After following some troubleshooting steps in an attempt to get it to re-initialize, I still am unable to get the secondary raid controller module to detect.

Attached are the support log dumps.

Any help is appreciated.

MD3200 Support Data Collection

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: MD3200 - Raid Controller Not Found

Hello thenerdsec,

Do you have the serial cable that came with your MD3200?  If you do, then can you do a serial capture from both controllers so that we can confirm that both controller are booting fully.  Here is how to capture the boot up:

Startup a terminal emulation program like putty, teraterm, minicom or hyperterminal using these terminal settings (115200-8-n-1).

Pull the controller from the system & wait about 3 minutes then insert it back into your MD3200 and you should see the controllers boot process.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
thenerdsec
1 Copper

Re: MD3200 - Raid Controller Not Found

Are you talking about the CT109 / MN657 cable?

0 Kudos