Highlighted
drifter104
1 Copper

MD3200i MPIO Issues

I'm trying to reconfigure my MD3200i to work with a Hyper-V cluster for shared storage. However because of this issue I currently have only a single server connected. The array and the server are connected in the following way.

Server:
Nic1: 10.20.140.1
Nic2: 10.20.141.1

Array
Controller0: 10.20.140.10 -> .13
Controller1: 10.20.141.10 -> .13

I configured iSCI in the following way.
Added both .10 addresses in the discover tab
Found the Inactive connection on the Targets tab and click connect. I enabled Multipath, clicked advanced and configured a path from 10.20.140.1 to 10.20.140.10 Clicked ok, and repeated the process this time configuring a path from 10.20.141.1 to 10.20.140.10.

I was then able to see the disks I had created on the array on the server. However they would not Initialise and it appears the the cause is the following.

When I have multipath enabled and a configured Path from each nic to each controller, and I have MPIO using round robin I'm unable to do anything with the disks in disk management. I get an incorrect function error. If I set MPIO as failover and set the 10.20.140.1 connection as active, I'm then able configure the disks in disk management providing the are also set to controller 0 as the preferred ownership.

As far as I can tell I should be able to have a path to each controller from the server but if I do this I can't access the Disks on the server.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: MD3200i MPIO Issues

Hello drifter104,

Here is a link to the Deployment Guide for the MD3200i. http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/powervault-md3200i_deployment%20guide_en-us.pdf

I would double check your setup with how we say to configure your iSCSI to ensure that yours is correct. Also did you install MPIO from the resource CD? If you didn’t & you use the host native MPIO then that can be an issue as well. Here is the link to the resource CD just in case you need it as well. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=0MG9G&fileId=3486603771&os...

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos