leroyl
1 Nickel

MD3660i - Error 749 - Disk pool limit would be exceeded

I have a dell MD3660i running Firmware version 8.20.24.60

This unit has 1 disk pool with 29 10TB disks.I have 11 disks free in the unit and would like to create a second disk pool. When i try to create the second disk pool i get the following error:

Error 749 - The operation cannot complete because the disk pool limit would be exceeded.

I am not sure why this happens.. according to the summary page it looks like you can create more than 1 disk pool.

does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: MD3660i - Error 749 - Disk pool limit would be exceeded

Hello leroyl,

What size DDP are you trying to create? What is the current size of your DDP that is on the other 18 drives?  If you try using a smaller size DDP will it complete the creation?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
leroyl
1 Nickel

Thanks for the reply,

I have 1 disk pool currently. It has 29x 10TB disks.. for a total size of 207.223 TB it has 8 virtual disks on this pool

i have 11 unused 10TB disks. i know that the MAX per disk pool is 256TB.. so this is why i would like to create a second disk pool. as adding the 11 disks to the first disk pool would exceeded the 256TB limit.

Any info you have on why i cannot create the second disk pool would be helpful.

0 Kudos

Hello leroyl,

The 256TB limit for DDP is for the entire array.  Since you have a DDP already of 207.223TB then you can create a DDP of 48TB, & that would max out your DDP. Here is the link to the support matrix and on page 7 it list out that the 256TB DDP limit is per array. https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_powervault/powervault-md3...

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos