Highlighted
1 Copper

MD3800f Failed virtual disk - Physical Disk failure

Greetings,

I have got a situation;

I manage a DELL PowerVault MD3800f, with an array of 4 physical disk, SAS 1.2TB; the array is RAID 1 0; the storage have been working fine; yesterday, The status Led blinked ambar so many times; 

Storage-ambar-blink.jpeg

the four disks blinks green; when I joined vSphere, the virtual machines showed me vmfs inaccesible. After that I used MDSM to look up  was going on; MDSM Error.jpeg

I got the message, showed in the last image; I follow the recovery guru, I checked if the disks were optimal; and they did, How can I reconfigure it avoiding data loss? how can I recover the information?

@DELL-Sam L 

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: MD3800f Failed virtual disk - Physical Disk failure

Hello ingsadaza,

Did your MD3800f reboot?  Can I get you to pull a support bundle so that I can review it?  I will send you a private message so that you can send me the log. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello ingsadaza,

I never received your email.  I will send you a private message with my email address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Samuel, hi have sent you four emails with the support bundle, those emails were sent to your dell email account; they were sent from gmail, and gmail confirmed that those email were received; if you have other way to sent you the SupportBundle, let me know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

Sam's out of office on vacation and I reviewed his cases and found yours. If you'd like, you can send the support bundle to me at Dylan.Jackson@Dell.com. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Mr. Dylan, I have sent you an email, with the support bunddle, thank you

0 Kudos