Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 27th, 2018 07:00

MD3800f Firmware Upgrade

Afternoon All 

Was hoping somebody could help me please, im trying to fully update my MD3800f SAN before i move it to a new location, and when i try to upgrade the firmware on the RAID controller module i get an error message.

Unexpected Error, An error has occurred during the operation, refer to online help for information about diagnosing and resolving download errors.

As this doesn't really give me anything is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

• 

6.9K Posts

February 27th, 2018 09:00

Hello goofygladiator,

What is the current version of firmware that you are running on your MD3800f?  Are you getting the error while trying to download the firmware in MDSM or from the dell website? 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

February 28th, 2018 01:00

Morning Sam

Many thanks for your reply, im using MDSM for the upgrade, and im clicking the "upgrade" menu at the top of the page, then "RAID Controller Module Firmware" then "Upgrade"

Im then presented with a pop up basically saying "before the selected operation starts, a pre-upgrade check will be run"

I click OK on this, and im then given an unexpected error "An error has occurred during the operation, refer to online help for information about diagnosing and resolving download errors"

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

• 

6.9K Posts

February 28th, 2018 08:00

Hello goofygladiator,

What is the current version of firmware that you are running on your MD3800f?  Are there any errors that are present on your MD3800f or is it showing as optimal?  Have you also stopped all I/O on your MD3800f before starting the firmware upgrade?  When you select the firmware upgrade file is there a box that has a check mark by it that says “Transfer NVSRAM file with RAID controller module firmware”?

March 1st, 2018 00:00

Morning SamThe current version of firmware is 08.10.08.60 and i have no errors on my SAN, it is sitting at optimal currently.  The SAN is not in use as i have removed all the virtual disks and im trying to upgrade the firmware before setting it back up on a new network, im not even getting to the point were im able to select a file as soon as im clicking upgrade i get the error message.

• 

6.9K Posts

March 1st, 2018 08:00

Hello goofygladiator,

Have you installed the latest version of MDSM first before starting the firmware upgrade?  If you have then can I get you to gather a support bundle so that I can review it to see what is causing the errors.  I am going to send you an email & if I can get you to send me a support bundle from your MD3800f that would be great.

No Events found!