Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

42 Posts

November 30th, 2018 09:00

ME4024 HBA adapter?

Just about to move from iSCSI MD36xxi to brand new ME4024 (SSD based)

What adapter would be OK for Windows Server 2019 cluster?

I have no native FC option with my existing switch stack of HPE 5900AF-48?? so will need to go with 10Gb iSCSI

Which of the cards would be "most" acceptable? QLogic 57810 or QLE3442-RJ in 14th gen R740

Seb

• 

6.9K Posts

December 3rd, 2018 09:00

Hello Seb,

Here is the link to the support matrix and if you look on page 15 it states the following:

“Standard Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet adapters are supported when used with supported software iSCSI initiators. Hosts must have a standards compliant iSCSI initiator to access Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series storage. Initiator support is provided by the initiator or operating system vendor.

Dell EMC PowerVault does not support Converged Network Adapters (CNA) in Converged mode. Although Dell EMC PowerVault does not endorse or support initiators directly, this support matrix provides some useful configuration information for common initiators.

Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series Arrays work with any RFC 3720 iSCSI compliant initiators. The initiator must support all mandatory iSCSI features (IPSec is not required). This information is subject to change without notice. Dell EMC is not responsible for any errors in this information.

CAUTION: Hardware initiators are not supported by Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series Storage Arrays.

Read the initiator documentation and Release Notes from the particular vendors, and the Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series Release Notes for up-to-date configuration recommendations.”

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/powervault-me4012_support-matrix_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!