Re: POWERVAULT TL2000 CONTINOUSLY TAGS MEDIA TAPE AS "B

Hello Janne1979,

Thanks for the Drive dump log and service dump.  When reviewing the logs, I am able to see that you have a sensor issue with your drive.  When we see this issue in most cases it is due to using older firmware.  With your drive, you are running the latest version of firmware for your tape drive.  What you will need to do is to replace the tape drive for this error.  I checked and can see that your TL2000 doesn’t have an active warranty so I am not able to replace the drive under warranty repair. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos

not the dredded bottom sensor!!

0 Kudos
NayZaw
1 Copper

@DELL-Sam L

I have experienced the same issue and please let me know where can I upload the log file?

Best Regards,

Nay Zaw

0 Kudos

Hello NayZaw,

We would need to look at a drive dump from your drive and the service dump from your TL.  If you login to the web utility for your TL2000, & go to the Service Library menu, then select Save Drive Dump.   You will have an option of where to save the log on your local machine.  I will send you a private message so that you can send me the log.  Also, if you can provide me a service dump log as well. To get the service dump you go to the view logs tab. You should show a button that says Save Service Dump. If you don’t have that button then select the view button, & then the Save Service Dump should show.

DELL-Sam L
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Ethernal
1 Copper

@DELL-Sam L

Could You help me? I have this same symptomps and problem with whole backup system (Dell TL2000)...

Greetings.

0 Kudos

Hello Ethernal,

We would need to look at a drive dump from your drive and the service dump from your TL.  If you login to the web utility for your TL, & go to the Service Library menu, then select Save Drive Dump.   You will have an option of where to save the log on your local machine.  I will send you a private message so that you can send me the log.  Also, if you can provide me a service dump log as well. To get the service dump you go to the view logs tab. You should show a button that says Save Service Dump. If you don’t have that button then select the view button, & then the Save Service Dump should show.

DELL-Sam L

0 Kudos

Hello Ethernal,

I was able to review your drive dump and from what I am seeing you are getting a read issue with your tape drive.  With this error the first thing to do is to update the firmware on the tape drive to the latest which is J451 for your LTO6 drive.  Here is the link to the firmware. https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=MKT6X&osCode=WNT5&product...

After you have upgraded the firmware on the drive, try it again to see if you are getting any more errors.

DELL-Sam L

0 Kudos
magicmoorthy
1 Copper

Please provide your email id i will forward the dump.logs file.

0 Kudos
Ethernal
1 Copper

Hello DELL-Sam L

I successfully updated firmware in tape drive and by the way library firmware, too.
Unfortunetly, I have still problems with reading the tapes. Library loading selected tape, several times scrolling from beggining to the end, after that reports a "Bad Tape" and marks that tape in inventory with this same attention (Bad Tape). Is it possible that tapes drive has failured?

Sincerely,
Eternal.

0 Kudos

Hello magicmoorthy

I sent you a private message so you can send me the logs.

DELL-Sam L

0 Kudos