rgarner
1 Copper

PV 220s Split Bus Mode Question

HI,

In my current systems configuration I have a PE 2650 server connected to a PV 220s storage array.  The PV 220 has 7 drives installed in the 1st side and 0 drives on the 2nd side. The PV is currently set to Joined-bus mode.  It holds our Exchange database and is configured for RAID 50.

My plan is to fill out the 2nd side on the PV with 7 drives, switch the PV to Split-bus mode and attach a brand new PE2650 to the other channel.  I want to maintain the old setup also, so in essence I will have 2 seperate servers connected to seperate sides (server 1 only uses drives 0 -6 and server 2 only uses drives 7 - 13) on the PV.  I plan to use this method to upgrade to a newer verson of Exchange on newer equipment, while maintaining my old Exhange server.

Please tell me if this setup sound feasible and if I am risking damage to my current setup by changing over to Split-bus mode from Joined-bus mode.

thanks in advance
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
B_Segurson
2 Iron

Re: PV 220s Split Bus Mode Question

Sounds fine.  Go for it.
0 Kudos
guppyshark
1 Copper

Re: PV 220s Split Bus Mode Question

Since the RAID configuration is on the disks rather then the PowerVault you should'nt have any problem doing what you described.
0 Kudos