Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2009 20:00

PV124T best practice

Hi,

We own a PowerVault 124T autoloader. I want to use the left magazine slots for daily full back up with 2 week's rotation. Means, 1-7 tapes will use for the first week and again i have another set of tapes from 1-7 which i wll place in the magazine in the weekend. These jobs are set with recurring of 14 days interval. I would like to know, how do you manage to place and replace the tapes into magazine? is there any procedure which i have to do before i remove the magazine from autoloader? Please let me know if there are any accepted best practice regarding this.

I appreciate any input

899 Posts

June 11th, 2009 10:00

The most important thing to remember when replacing magazines manually is to keep the current inventory of the library in sync with the backup application you are using. To do this you typically need to re-initialize the library from the application once the swap has been made, this will force the library to report the current element status to the application. The easiest way to perform this is to stop the backup application services, perform the swap then restart the application services. When the services restart the library(s) will be reinitialized and all will be in sync.

Hope this helps..

Bob

No Events found!