PowerVault

2 Bronze

Part number for SAS Cable, 6GB, Ext tape, 2M (330-8625)

I'm helping to refurbish a few community centers and they have some older equipment that I'm working on upgrading.  They have an old Powervault 124T LTO5 with a bad 6GB SAS cable.  All I have is the 330-8625 part number, but I need the Dell part number (like YJXMR) to order a replacement.  I have only found one company online that has the 330-8625 part number, but they are out of stock.

Can anyone help with this part number conversion?

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Jabberw0cky,

The Dell part umber for 330-8625 is N8MVT, but that appears to be the sku used when configuring a new 124t, so I am not sure if that will complicate finding it. Now kit 330-8631 or 470-ABFM look to be the active kit with Dell part 60V4V, which both kits look to break down to cable W390D.

Let me know if this helps. 

Chris Hawk
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (5)

Hello @Jabberw0cky,

Please, could you send me the Service Tag of this PowerVault 124T on a Private Message? I would like to try to find the 6GB SAS cable with the service tag.

Thank you in advanced.
Regards.

Diego López
#Iwork4Dell

Done.

Hello @Jabberw0cky,

I found this one Dell Part Number: 171C5 Assembly Cable, External, 1Meters (6Gb SAS) ASSY,CBL,LSI9280,SAS,EXT,ZEUS

And this: YJXMR 2 Meter, External HD2Mini SAS Cable for 6G SAS Low Profile (ASSY,CBL,SAS,HD2MINI,EXT,2M).

I hope this is what you need.

Regards.

Diego López
#Iwork4Dell

Hi Diego,

The 171C5 part number is what I already tried and it doesn't work.  The YJXMR is the wrong cable because it is a mini connector on one side.  I need the part number for a 2M SAS cable specifically made for the 6Gbs HBA controller.

Jabberwocky

Jabberw0cky,

The Dell part umber for 330-8625 is N8MVT, but that appears to be the sku used when configuring a new 124t, so I am not sure if that will complicate finding it. Now kit 330-8631 or 470-ABFM look to be the active kit with Dell part 60V4V, which both kits look to break down to cable W390D.

Let me know if this helps. 

Chris Hawk
#Iwork4Dell

Community Accepted Solution
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions