Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 11th, 2015 06:00

Powervault NX3200 - Factory Restore

Hi, 

we have an NX3200 which was setup but wish to restore it to "out of the box".

however the system has had a local password set on the local administrator account which is not none so i cant use the system recovery options from the "repair your computer" on the F8 menu.

any help appreciated.

March 11th, 2015 14:00

Hello, SHimmer45.

If you guys still have the dvd that came with the machine, you can use the F12 boot options, and boot from that dvd, and let the 'reinstal utility' take off on its own. That will put it back to 'out of the box'

You can find the Administrator's Guide here: downloads.dell.com/.../powervault-nx400_Administrator%20Guide3_en-us.pdf

Let me know how it goes. Have a good evening!

18 Posts

March 12th, 2015 03:00

Wasnt any install media with it :(

however contacted Dell Pro support yesterday and they are sending out install media for WSS foundation which i have been told will convert to standard storage server on seeing the license key in the bios.

thanks

March 12th, 2015 08:00

Outstanding! I'm glad we could take care of you. Ping back if you need anything.

August 3rd, 2016 06:00

Hi Daniel,

I have got a reinstallation media from my local distributor but was windows 2008 r2 and an additional disk for storage server OEM edition. After this installation, I am not able to figure out how to install nas appliance software for nx3200. Also what all should I install as right now its like I have made a completely new server that is converted to storage edition.

No Events found!