Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 23rd, 2013 17:00

RD1000 Data Cartridge stating bad blocks

We are using Symantec BE 2012 with an RD1000 unit and have received a message through the Symantec interface that the data cartridge has bad blocks.....is there a way to test the cartridge?

Thank you

• 

6.9K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 18:00

Hello hoemee,

Here is a link to the RD utilities.  http://ftp.us.dell.com/FOLDER22465M/1/R312075.exe Once you have installed the utilities you will need to stop BUE services so that you can test the cartridge.  You can run the read write test to see if it passes and if so then cartridge should be good.   

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

52 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 19:00

Thank you - will do.....

1 Message

June 6th, 2014 08:00

I know this is an old topic but I stumbled on this while searching for a solution for the same problem. We have a Dell PowerEdge T110 II running Windows 2012 Essentials and when I look at the Windows Event viewer I see several occurences of the following error:

'The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.'

We have an RD1000 drive in this server (internal SATA model) with 320GB disks. I have checked the time of these events and it seems that it always occurs around the time when I swap the RD1000 disk for another one. I have already used the RD1000 utilities to check the disks (we have two RD1000 disks which are swapped on a daily basis) and no errors were reported by this tool. Is this just a glitch in the RD1000 driver or is there actually something wrong with either the drive or the disk?

Thanks,

Jeroen

• 

6.9K Posts

June 6th, 2014 10:00

Hello Jeroen,

In most cases there is not much to worry about.  What I normally would do is to run a full erase on the cartridge first & then run your backup again on the cartridge & see if you get the same error.  Also what I would do is to make sure that the RDX mon service is running as well.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!