Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2017 11:00

Reconfigure Error with PERC H800 & MD1000

Hello - 

I am fairly new to the DAS environment and have been playing around with it for several month.  Most of the items I have come across I can get thorugh with a little reading (ok, sometimes more than a little), but overall it is fairly simple.  The one item that just keeps stumping me is the Reconfigure function in OMSA.  I currently have Raid6 setup with 4 drives, and would like to expand that to 6 drives.  When I go in  to the Virtual Disk and select reconfigure, I get an error

Reconfigure Error, Possible reasons include:

-Not enough physical disk space.

-The virtual disk has reached the maximum number of physical disks supported that can be reconfigured at this time.

-Reconfiguration or resizing is not supported at this time.

-Invalid configuration. For information about reconfiguring virtual disks or resizing CacheCade(s), see the Online Help and the Storage Controller documentation."

Everything I read indicates that I should be able to expand the volume and reconfigure the array to add the new drives.  I have tried this with both drives that are the same size, and drives that are larger than the existing drives.

Any help would be appreciated. 

• 

6.9K Posts

January 9th, 2017 12:00

Hello Adam_SFP,

When you look into OMSA do the new drives show as online & available? If they do then you should be able to expand the free space of the virtual disk. If you select the two new drives what option does it give you that you can do with the drives?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Posts

January 9th, 2017 12:00

Hi Sam -

Thank you for the reply.  That was my thought as well from everything that I have read.  The new drives do show in a state of Ready.  In the available tasks, it gives me Blink, Unblink, Assign Global Hotspare and clear.

Adam

1 Attachment

No Events found!