Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

May 18th, 2015 11:00

TL 2000 error upgrading firmware: Error During Firmware Upgrade: IR: invalid personality !

Hi

I was able to upgrade one of the two drives on a TL2K. On the 2nd I see Error During Firmware Upgrade: IR: invalid personality !

I binged it but didn't see much. I will try to upgrade the firmware using the diag tool

Update: I tried using ITDCR diags but no luck. That seemed to produce a D7 22 error when I looked at the GUI

Thanks for any help.

• 

6.9K Posts

May 21st, 2015 13:00

Hello Kuztnitsov,

In getting the D7 22 error on your TL2000 what you need to do is to reboot the TL2000 & make sure that it comes up without any errors.  Once it comes up then try & flash the firmware again & see if you get the error again.  If you get the error again flashing the firmware through the Web utility then you should be able to use the ITDT tool to flash the firmware.  When using ITDT what you need to be aware of is that you stop all your backup software services otherwise ITDT will not see the drive and the changer.  If the issue still persist & won’t complete the firmware upgrade then what is most likely the cause is the controller card.  If the system is still under warranty & still won’t accept the new firmware then I would open a support ticket so that we can get that Library Controller Card replaced.  

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

12 Posts

May 21st, 2015 14:00

Thanks Sam. I've tried the first solution you suggested several times. No luck.

And the tape library is out of warranty.

2 Posts

May 29th, 2017 04:00

i face the same indecent.  what the step by step troubleshot about this issue? 

May 30th, 2017 01:00

Hi

are they lto4's?

• 

6.9K Posts

May 30th, 2017 10:00

Hello biplob9s,

If you are facing the same issue as above then what you will want to do first is to try & upgrade the firmware on the library and see if that resolves your issue. If you still get the error after flashing firmware then the issue is with the LCC (Library Controller Card) in your TL that will need to be replaced.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

12 Posts

May 30th, 2017 10:00

we ended up buying a new tape library which is working much better for us. I was never able to fix the issue with the problematic firmware. I don't think downgrading was possible.

June 12th, 2017 03:00

it may be a little late , but the firmware you were trying to flash is not matching the hardware / firmware version already installed on the Tape Drive, it should be following the same format of the current firmware but with increments in letters / numbers, for example : if the current firmware for the drive is 89B2 , the new one will have one letter incremented for example, 89D2 might be the new one.

of course it is weird to have a chassis with dual drives and both are not on the same FW level or having different hardware platform, but this is usually the explanation for what you were facing. 

i hope this might help future troubleshooters on this error.

Regards..

Amr

No Events found!