Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

December 17th, 2015 04:00

TL2000 + iSCSI bridge

I've started reading some manuals but it's not clear yet to me - probably pipe wishes - but having iSCSI bridge installed is user able to use both interfaces, SAS and iSCSI ?

regards

• 

6.9K Posts

December 17th, 2015 13:00

Hello lejeczek,

So you are not able to use both SAS & iSCSI at the same time.  The reason is that you have to plug in the SAS cables into the ISCSI Bridge and then the bridge will control the library.  You are not able to connect both & use them as you will get errors and your backups will not work correctly.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

129 Posts

December 18th, 2015 03:00

Do you mean that SAS out of the drive goes into iSCSI bridge? And it's not somehow internally, inside the chassis that this is managed?

And if not simultaneously then interchangeably neither SAS / iSCSI can be used? Unplug iSCSI bridge and plug host's SAS? Hot-swap way, without re-configuring bridge?

I tried but I failed to find, is there a doc/manual that shows/describes this connection/setup?

• 

6.9K Posts

December 21st, 2015 13:00

Hello lejeczek,

Here is a link to the iSCSI bridge & if you look on page 17 it shows you haow you are going to want to connect your drives to your iSCSI bridge. http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_powervault/powervault-tl4000_User%27s%20Guide2_en-us.pdf

Also in the user’s guide it shows you how to configure the iSCSI bridge through the management interface.

Yes you can remove the iSCSI bridige and just use the SAS connections to your Host & your TL2000. Will just need to connect to a SAS HBA & install the drivers.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!