jamercee
1 Copper

Re: TL4000 Remote Management Interface stops responding

We two of these units & it is happening to both. What's particularly disturbing is that they've each been inline for over a year, and the error just started for us 30 days ago.  Dell support has so far swapped out the RMU on both units but it had no effect.  We've taken to shipping them packet traces, but so far, they've been unable to track down the trobule,

0 Kudos
onegoodsoul
1 Copper

I updated our TL4000 back in Jan 2010 and the issue seemed to be corrected. I checked it today and it was offline again.

0 Kudos
jamercee
1 Copper

This is funny. Yesterday, Dell Support people made the following recommendation. To stop the issue from ocurring, we should "STOP MONITORING THE RMU" !  I couldn't believe my ears. The only thing this does is prevents us from knowing when the Interface has crashed.

Someone has got to smack Dell support with a clue-by-four.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
verdurin
1 Nickel

The same thing is happening here.  I applied the 8.62 firmware update a few weeks ago.  While it still responds to pings, the web interface does not respond.

0 Kudos
SmartECS
1 Copper

The same thing is happening here.  I applied the 8.62 firmware update a few weeks ago.  While it still responds to pings, the web interface does not respond.

Same here. I updated the firmware and the device no longer displays a web interface. Genius. I cant communicate with the device at all via the interface.

I have scoured the internet looking for an alternative way to 'talk' to the TL2000 but no joy.

The device is no longer listening to HTTP requests on port 80 (tested via telnet).

Are there any other TCP ports I can connect to it on?

I noticed it has a serial port. Can you undo damage via this? anyone know the port settings? BAUD rate etc?

0 Kudos
SmartECS
1 Copper

I have managed to get my interface back.

I went here: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/previousversions.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=PWE_2950&releaseid=R183157&formatid=-1&deviceid=14489&formatcnt=1&dateid=-1&releasetype=FRMW&servicetag=&typeid=-1&catid=37&source=-1&libid=37&impid=-1&osl=en&vercnt=9&os=WNET&checkFormat=false

And downloaded the latest firmware and extracted it to (in my case) C:\dell\drivers\R253324

I then installed the ITDT-DCR application. C:\dell\drivers\R253324\LTO Drives\ITDT-DCR1.0.1\Windows\

Stopped the backupexec services

Scanned for the device with the ITDT-DCR application then clicked the 'FW Update' button. Navigated to the C:\dell\drivers\R253324\library\?.fbi (where ? is the version you have downloaded) and opened it.

Hoped for the best for about 10 minutes before it reported 'Firmware update complete' with a nice friendly green tick in the ITDT-DCR window.

Relaunched my web browser and Robert is your uncles father - the log in prompt appeared.

Which is nice.

0 Kudos
skneo
1 Copper

I have the thame error with the TL2000, i hope it will be fixed

Currently Installed Library Firmware
8.62 / 2.80e

0 Kudos
SmartECS
1 Copper

I have the thame error with the TL2000, i hope it will be fixed

Currently Installed Library Firmware

8.62 / 2.80e

Follow my steps above and reinstall the firmware.

0 Kudos
skneo
1 Copper

I have follow your steps and reinstall the firmware withe the itdt-dcr tool, but after one ore two days the webinterface is no longer aviable. Ping on the interface are fine. After restart the device the webinterface are aviable back. This are the same error before i reinstall the firmware update over the itdt tool.

0 Kudos
SLY_Weiland
1 Copper

There is a firmware that corrects this issue, which Dell is currently using in an attempt to capture the failure.  The firmware is available, but you have to escalate thru tech support, it is called 7u43(debug) code, in which you have to sign a waiver to get it...something like they want to track the the firmware.  It worked for me! 

0 Kudos