Highlighted
Wentil
1 Copper

Two R810s, each with two 8Gb Fibre-Channel HBAs + MD3620F + MD1220

Jump to solution

Hi Folks --

I am trying to plan out an installation on this end, and I am reaching out in the hopes that the community can help me bring this all together.

To explain, I have two Dell PowerEdge R810 Servers, each with two 8Gb Fibre-Channel HBAs.

I also have a Dell PowerVault MD3620F 8Gbps SAN Array, with dual controllers.

I also have a Dell PowerVault MD1220 DAS SAS Expander Array.

What I am thinking of doing is connecting the two R810 Servers directly to the MD3620F, so as to consume all four FC ports on the MD3620F. I.e., one into each controller, from each server's two HBAs. (Can I do this, or do I need a Fibre-Channel Switch? The MD3620F has 4 available ports, 2 per controller, so it would seem to be a natural configuration for just these two servers)

Then, I will be connecting the MD1220 to the MD3620F, so its drives can also be accessed by the two R810s over the 8Gbps Fibre-Channel link. (What's the process for connecting an MD1220 to an MD3620F?)

Any thoughts, advice, suggestions?

Thanks,

-- Wentil

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Two R810s, each with two 8Gb Fibre-Channel HBAs + MD3620F + MD1220

Jump to solution

Hello Wentil,

Here is a link to our deployment guide. ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/Common/powervault-md3600f_Deployment%20Guide_en-us.pdf In the deployment guide we show how you can do both a direct attach setup & network attached using a Fibre switch.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello Wentil,

Here is a link to our deployment guide. ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/Common/powervault-md3600f_Deployment%20Guide_en-us.pdf In the deployment guide we show how you can do both a direct attach setup & network attached using a Fibre switch.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Artyukh
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yes, the servers turn on multithreading

0 Kudos