Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2012 04:00

Unable to download TL2000 Tape Drive Firmware

Hi,

I'm trying to download the B.20, A17 firmware for a TL2000 tape drive but the download isn't working, I just get the message "Sorry, the requested file could not be downloaded."

Is there an alternative download link available?

Thanks,

Chris.

685 Posts

October 15th, 2012 10:00

I have created a dropbox with the file in it that you will need and will send you a message with the link and the login credentials  in it.

685 Posts

October 15th, 2012 09:00

You may want to try a different browser as I was just able to download it on my system. The file itself is too large for me to email you. Let me know if a different browser works and I will look to see about other ways to get the file transferred over to you.

October 16th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

I've tried the download in both Firefox and Chrome (no IE, as I'm on Linux!) and it didn't work in either of them. I was able to download a couple of other items for some different devices (BIOS's for some desktops) OK, just not this specific item.

Thanks for the link to the dropbox upload, this has enabled me to update the firmware! Very grateful.

Chris.

1 Message

October 21st, 2012 18:00

It appears comments critical of Dell's level of support are not welcome in this forum.

Nevertheless I will try again. 

Here's an idea - how about Dell update the actual link on the Dell Support page for this firmware instead of having to share private "on the side" dropbox links?

This question is not answered. Dell need to  fix their support pages in regards to this update. Currently the B.20, A17 critical firmware update is unavailable via the Dell support page; it is also unavailable on the main FTP server, only the older previous version, B.20, A16 is available (from 2012-05-02).

685 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 14:00

Androsc,

I have passed this info on and they are aware of the issue. They are currently working towards resolving this issue as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

1 Message

March 20th, 2013 04:00

Hi, Good morning.

Is possible that you can send me a link (dropbox) and credentials for download the last firmware for the tape library PowerVault TL2000 and the upgrade firmware for the LTO5 HH SAS Drive?

Regards.

Jaime Araya Aros

Note: This model of tape library will support the cartridges LTO6 if I update the firmware? Or will possible in the future firmware updates?

• 

6.9K Posts

March 20th, 2013 08:00

Hello Jarayaa,

Here is the link to download the latest firmware for your TL2000.  http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails/Product/powervault-tl2000?driverId=DM4VT&osCode=WLHS1&fileId=3155381984&languageCode=EN

In order for you to use LTO6 media you will need to get LTO6 drive.  Your current LTO5 drive can’t read the LTO6 media no matter if you upgrade the firmware on your LTO5.  LTO drives can Read & write back 1 generation and Read only 2generations.  So you can read & write to LTO4 tapes at LTO4 speed & only read LTO3 media. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!