Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2016 00:00

blinks amber on enclosure status LED PowerVault MD3620f

Dear All,

I have a Dell PoweVault MD3620f. Recently I noticed that the enclosure LED light is keep blinking amber. I tried to check it online, it only give me information that the blinks amber mean either the unit is in fault state or the hosts are not using the preferred path to a virtual disk.

1. can you give ideas how to check and how to solve this please? where do I start?

2. the unit is still under warranty but I have no luck in finding any support contact on Dell Website. It always say that "We are unable to verify the service attached to the Service Tag......etc etc). Does anybody kknow contact number for Dell Enterprise support please? I am located in Maldives.

Many thanks

Made Suardana

• 

6.9K Posts

June 22nd, 2016 14:00

Hello Made Suardana,

What you are going to want to do is to open MDSM (Modular Disk Storage Manager) & make sure that there are no alerts stating that the MD3620f is in a degraded state. If there is no alerts then check the Recovery Guru as it will provide you with more information on any alerts or faults. Here is a link to the Admin guide for MDSM just in case you need it. http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/powervault-md3200_administrator%20guide_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

June 24th, 2016 22:00

Dear Sam,

Thank you very much for your reply. I did check the MDSM and I found the error of 'BAttery Replacement Required'. I really have no clue about this. My unit is still under warranty.

Can you please kind enough to share contact number for DELL Service in MAldives please? I have been trying for a month trying to locate/call them both via Dell Website and phone number, but everytime I enter the service tag, it always saying: this service tag is not valid for this country or something like that.

Please please help me.

Thanks

Made Suardana (MAldives)

No Events found!