Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2014 04:00

could not create backup image

could not create backup image on t320, on a external usb drive, then when I tried to reboot to system restore, It would not boot?

• 

6.9K Posts

June 16th, 2014 14:00

Hello Ginger.bambi,

What is the OS that you have installed on your T320 server as you didn’t list it in your original post?  Also what backup software were you using to try to create a backup image of your server as well as you didn’t list that either?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

June 17th, 2014 03:00

hi, yes I a used the backup wizard, that came with windows 2011 sbs standard, but it kept on saying that there was an error, and then it done some updates and asked for a restart and asked for a restart, after that it would not pass the first bois page, unless I pressed f2 or other f keys, so I shut it down, and discovered that there was no cd drive, so I installed one and put os disc in and tried to restore, but it would not boot from cd, and I could not do a restore, f8 as it did not give me that option, and now when I restart it hangs on a black screen, unless I press any key to move it forward, and when it does boot up it takes a long time, and has slowed down?  how do you do a system restore, if f8 does not give you that option?

• 

6.9K Posts

June 17th, 2014 10:00

Hello Ginger.bambi,

To get into the boot menu you need to hit F11 instead of F8 to get into the boot menu.  Now since you say that you have installed a CD drive you also need to make sure that you co into the bios of the server as well & make sure that the sata ports are enabled & can see the CD drive.  if it is not enabled then when you hit F11 you won’t see the CD drive.

June 17th, 2014 12:00

hi, this is the error I get

A Volume Shadow Copy Service operation failed.

Unknown error (0x800423f0)

• 

6.9K Posts

June 18th, 2014 08:00

Hello Ginger.bambi,

The error that you listed has to do with SharePoint services & is waiting on competition.  Have you updated your SharePoint recently? If you have done an upgrade recently then you will need to do the following to finish the update:

1. Open an Administrative command prompt.

2. Change directory to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN

3. Run PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures

Once you run the command above then try & run a backup again.  Now in some cases after running the process above you may need to reboot the server.  

No Events found!