Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2014 02:00

how to connect M90 laptop to Powervault 110T LTO3? help please

HI,

not sure why I can't find my original thread but can someone please help?

- hot to connect M90 laptop (usb, fire wire, card slot) to Powervault 110t Lto3 (lvd scsi)?

THANKS

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 17th, 2014 04:00

The only possibility will be to find a PCMCIA SCSI card that works - try EBay;  no one will be making these new any longer.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

I suspect if you really want to use this, you're going to need a desktop system - attach the tape drive to the desktop and back up over a network.

5 Posts

thanks but it's even worse - this lapt op has a different kind of 'express' card slot, so would need an adapter from 'pcmicia' to 'express' which is getting silly..

What I want to do is weekly back ups of two external harddrives - is there another lto system out there which could provide windows XP compatibility and connect via USB ? - (I gather the problem is my anciant LTO-03 drive which supports only server 2K etc and LDV/SCSI)...any suggestions without breaking the bank?

5 Posts

August 17th, 2014 07:00

yep, thought so - would you happen to know how to obtain a windows xp driver for this lto-3 tape? - dell doesn't have one but IBM seems to but I can't down load it for some reason..(?)

No Events found!