Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 10th, 2022 05:00

md3220 performance

We recently had the secondary controller fail on the md3220.  We are ordering another one to replace it, however, we've noticed that the speed in file copies for small files are exceptionally slow.  Large files, like 100+MB have no problem getting 80-100MB/sec, but the 100kb files are showing speeds of only 4kb/sec. 

Is this due to the secondary RAID controller being out or is there a way to specifically measure the speed of the file copies?  I was going based on the speeds shown with rsync.

Any help would be appreciated.

27 Posts

January 10th, 2022 10:00

How do I get a support bundle from the md3220 array?  I think I found out where to generate it under "Collect All Support Data", but it saves it somewhere that I'm not sure.  Do I connect via SFTP or FTP to get the file?  How would I discover the IP address that I'm supposed to connect to in order to do this?

Edit:  I think I found out how to do it.  I'll send the files once complete.

27 Posts

January 17th, 2022 09:00

The disk path mappings ended up resolving themselves and returning to normal once the failed RAID controller was replaced.  We also had a drive in one of the RAID1 arrays die after replacing the controller, which was promptly replaced to give back the hot-spare to the storage array.

• 

8.4K Posts

HpcTech,

It could be a multitude of things, what I would suggest is to pull a support bundle and then upload it here. Once that is done then Private Message me the svc tag you used to upload and I can review the logs for you to try to isolate the cause of the slow down. 

Let me know.

27 Posts

It seems to be taking quite a long time to gather the information to save to the support_bundle.7z. 

• 

8.4K Posts

January 10th, 2022 11:00

Hpctech, 

It can vary in times, but should take about 10 minutes if over net. Local should be quicker. 

27 Posts

January 10th, 2022 11:00

Hello,

I uploaded the support bundle gathered from the MD3220.  It took over an hour to gather the details and place the file in my home folder. 

Please note that we have a single controller that is failed and all drives are mapped using the existing working RAID controller.  I'm thinking this is the problem, but we are scheduled to go to the data center to replace the failed RAID controller and then change the disk path mappings back to split the load.

Thanks,

Gabriel

No Events found!