Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

21 Posts

May 5th, 2018 13:00

[solved] Powervault T124 LTO4 SAS - Barcode scanner disabled

Hi,

unfortunately I hat a tape stuck in the tape-drive of my Powervault 124T with a LTO4-SAS drive.

I opened the cover and had to open the changer as well to get the stuck tape out.

Now the powervault can not scan barcodes any more - the web interface tells me, that the barcode scanner is disabled, no matter if I enable it in configuration.

Maybe I damaged the reader when getting out the tape or I disconnected some cable? Can anyone please tell me where exactly the barcode reader is located and what I could check?

Thanks in advance,

Otto

• 

6.9K Posts

May 7th, 2018 08:00

Hello Otto,

The bar code reader is located under the picker cover.  There is a cable that goes from the barcode reader to the main board in your PV124T.  I would check to ensure that the cable is connected.   

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

21 Posts

May 7th, 2018 22:00

Hello Sam,

thanks a lot! I will check this tomorrow.

One more question:

When I disasambled the Powervault, I removed 2 screws on top of the picker cover (this round black one).

But still I can not lift the cover, there seems to be some kind of pin or something. Could you please be so kind to tell me the trick for lifting the picker cover?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Otto

21 Posts

May 8th, 2018 00:00

Thank you! is this hidden screw the same size? could you please explain where exactly it is?

May 8th, 2018 00:00

2 screws are visible, the other is sat in a whole

May 8th, 2018 01:00

the screw is the same as the other 2 removed but it sits lower down in a hole next to a spring loaded piece of white plastic.

21 Posts

May 9th, 2018 07:00

YES!

THANKS @tapelibraryfixer and @DELL-Sam L!!!

I could remove the picker cover and the cable of the barcode reader was slipped out just a little bit. After putting it in again, the barcode reader works :-)

Thanks again and best regards,

Otto

No Events found!