Highlighted
Mira.Blaha
1 Copper

Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K

Hi,
Does anyone have experience if the Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K (PCIe card) is working  on Dell Precision 3630 MT (or 3430)? 
I'm looking for a smaller computer where I could use Media Composer and Resolve with this card.
Thanks for your tips and ideas.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K

@Mira.Blaha wrote:

Hi,
Does anyone have experience if the Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K (PCIe card) is working  on Dell Precision 3630 MT (or 3430)? 
I'm looking for a smaller computer where I could use Media Composer and Resolve with this card.
Thanks for your tips and ideas.

Sounds like a high-end application to me ... so, it's confusing that your main requirement is that the computer be physically "small" . Normally, what's inside the video-workstation computer is more important (than it taking a few more inches of desk space).

This 4K capture card should work (at least at a basic level) on any recent Workstation-class desktop model with a full-height PCIe x4 (or better) slot .

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Mira.Blaha
1 Copper

I have a "big" high end computers at work. This one I need for smaller jobs at home. Now I have Vostro 470 and I need a similar size because I have it in my living room and recommended workstations are to big for me 🙂
I found a lot of posts where people had problems with blackmagic cards and Dell computer. (And my Vostro also does not work well with blackmagic card).
I also read something about the differences between PCIe with CPU lanes and PCH lanes and I do not understand it well.
That's why I ask if anyone has experience with this computers or does not know if there might be some problem.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

@Mira.Blaha wrote:

I have a "big" high end computers at work. This one I need for smaller jobs at home. Now I have Vostro 470 and I need a similar size because I have it in my living room and recommended workstations are to big for me 🙂
I found a lot of posts where people had problems with blackmagic cards and Dell computer. (And my Vostro also does not work well with blackmagic card).
I also read something about the differences between PCIe with CPU lanes and PCH lanes and I do not understand it well.
That's why I ask if anyone has experience with this computers or does not know if there might be some problem.

I don't see any minimum system requirements, so the Vostro should work (install in x4 (or larger) slot).

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensitypro4k/techspecs

Obviously, the Vostro needs SSD for speed.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Mira.Blaha
1 Copper

Requirements are here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/note/9568 But they are not very detailed.
0 Kudos