Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

117 Posts

November 30th, 2022 06:00

Cannot visit Dell website?

Every time I search on the DELL website, any results will be blocked (as shown in the picture), but other pages are normal. I have reported the problem to the technician and remotely controlled the repair, but there is still no solution. Has anyone encountered this situation?

P.S. T3650dell3a.jpgdell3b.jpgdell3c.jpgdell3d.jpg

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

December 1st, 2022 09:00

How about uninstall chrome and reinstall it?  If still denied access, either do not access Dell site for now on desktop assuming you have no issue w other sites, or do a hdd wipe and clean os install.  Also curious whether some of the denied access is related to hk site of Dell.  Do you have same issue accessing Dell USA site https://www.dell.com/en-us?

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

November 30th, 2022 09:00

It is probably your network group administrator policy/server that restricts access unreasonably.

1 Rookie

• 

117 Posts

November 30th, 2022 19:00

I didn't change any router or network settings, unless windows or dell updates affected?

1 Rookie

• 

117 Posts

This problem only happened for nearly a month, I just don’t want to reinstall win11 pro for this, maybe there are other reasons?

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

If you are on unrestricted network then the denial of access to Dell site is due to a bug on your pc. Try a clean Windows 10 install.

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

November 30th, 2022 20:00

Try download a different browser just for accessing Dell site and hope that goes through. 

1 Rookie

• 

117 Posts

November 30th, 2022 22:00

I have already tried Chrome and Edge and it is the same, but there is no problem with the mobile phone through WIFI.

5 Practitioner

• 

4.7K Posts

December 1st, 2022 10:00

I don't think it's browser issue as Chrome and Edge both have the same issue.  The problem could be proxy server, cloudflare, or vpn if you use one.  I think that the Access Denied came from Dell server when your network server could not respond to the request for authentication.  Verify if the issue is isolate to your machine only or it affects all machines in your network.

1 Rookie

• 

117 Posts

December 1st, 2022 17:00

No, the dell website in other regions has the same problem not just HK.

Yesterday a dell technician advised me to reset winsock, but it still didn't work. The strange thing is that I can access the dell website normally as an administrator.

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

December 1st, 2022 19:00

You can access Dell site all right as admin on this pc but not as a regular user.  This means admin has set up a policy to consider this site “unsafe”.  My company IT admin has a screening AI software that does similar and strange blocking. On some days it blocks Facebook because that is considered a social media thus forbidden, but on other days gives green light.  On rare occasion it even blocks google.  It is a bug in AI.  Your admin may be using some AI in site address screening that has a bug too.

1 Rookie

• 

117 Posts

December 1st, 2022 22:00

My workstation is for home use, and other areas of the dell website are normal. The key to the problem is only the result of the search in the dell community (as shown in the picture). Everytime I click on the following items, you will be blocked (I can never access the items), no matter whether I go back to the previous page The same is true for restarting the browser. In the end, I have to wait for about ten minutes before you can enter the dell website again.

I don't know if this is a dell web page, workstation, router, ISP or malware problem?

Hopefully a dell technician will find the problem and fix it.

dell3e.jpg

1 Rookie

• 

117 Posts

December 10th, 2022 22:00

After many days of observation and testing, it was found that the reason for not being able to enter the dell website is likely to be due to the use of an extension function called Dark Reader (reading assistance) in Chrome. This program may affect some websites due to the recent Chrome update. Blocked, now remove/replace this program to return to normal Internet access, and Edge also returns to normal.

The dell technician suggested that I reinstall windows, but as long as I reinstalled Chrome, the problem would be solved. Fortunately, I did not follow.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 11th, 2022 00:00

While I use Chrome, this is exactly why I keep Edge, but purposely with absolutely no Extensions.

Since Edge is Chromium-based now ... for most people/computers ... I just set-it-up to use Edge and done.

2 Posts

June 4th, 2023 22:00

Probably dell blocking your access because you're not on a proxy. You bothered them or something in chat support.

No Events found!