Precision Fixed Workstations

Last reply by 02-27-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
3 Silver

DELL SAS TO X4 SAS / SATA HDD CABLE (P322X)

Does anyone know if the Dell P322X cable is a single lane or dual lane SAS cable?   
This is  "FOR DELL PRECISION T5500 - 18.5 INCH ( 1 ) ONE SFF-8484 ( RIGHT ANGLE ) TO ( 4 ) FOUR SFF-8482"

I'm looking at some pictures at: https://www.itcreations.com/product/25688 and it's not possible to decide based on what I see.     Also does the Perc 6/i support multiport SAS drives without the backplane found in the servers such as the T610?

As per my experience with an older Rocketraid SAS/SATA (2640x4) adapter and a couple of different SATA to SAS cables, newer drives require dual SAS lanes while older ones work just fine with a single lane.

Reply (1)

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor