Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Rookie

• 

32 Posts

September 26th, 2022 22:00

Dell Precision 3660 - control upper and lower Front Fan in BIOS oder hidden BIOS ?!

I would like to purchase a Dell 3660 with premium cooling, but i would like to disable the upper and lower Front fan.
These fans are running always with about 650 rpm, even if no load exists!

Is there any hidden BIOS Option to disable the lower/upper Front fan in bios?
If i only disconnect these fans, the BIOS is complaining about missing fan´s.
And i can´t find any option to set the rpm to 0.

I will try a antminer fake fan simulator, but these are fixed to 6000rpm.

Most premium Mainboard vendors, do offer such a setup for their board, only Dell is not premium here.

Background

Dell is offering the default Dell Precision 3660 with a Intel Stock Cooler for the 65W CPU´s and with a PSU (300W/500W).

The stock 65W Cooler seems good enough for most CPUs.
It would be possible to swap this 65W Cooler for a bigger Cooler, that might be more silenced.
But i think the premium cooler from Dell is a good option.

AND 

Dell is offering the same CPU Setup with a premium cooling solution.
For this "premium", they add two front fans and a a large back fan.
These fan´s run most of the time with 650rpm and are clearly audible in a silent Home Office.

The premium CPU Cooler is a large 'passiv' one with heatpipes, cooper and a large silenced fan.
But they are still audible during normal workload or no workload.

Now if there would be any option to control these fans, this would be a great computer.

But it´s not ..

Can somone from Dell help?

• 

25.1K Posts

September 27th, 2022 16:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

• 

25.1K Posts

September 28th, 2022 01:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

No Events found!