roland.garcia
1 Copper

Dell Precision 7920 GPU 8 pin cable

Hi Guys 

Need some help currently upgrading 2 x Dell Precision 7920 to house 2 x 2080 RTX Graphics card in each. but need an 8 pin connector, part no. 0TN9TD.

But when ever I search for the part,im being told that nothing found. I was going to use a standard Male to Male 8 Pin but on closer inspection the pins have been changed so that wouldn't work. 

Many thanks 

Roland  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
HankiePankie
1 Copper

Re: Dell Precision 7920 GPU 8 pin cable

Hi Roland,

Can you elaborate? I am planning to buy a Dell Precision 7920 with one 2080 RTX Graphics card. Does it fit? Are any cables missing?

Best,
Maarten

0 Kudos
Highlighted
qman777
1 Nickel

The T7920 comes standard with 3 x 8-pin GPU power cables. The RTX2080 Ti requires 2x8-pin EACH. In order to put two of these cards into the T7920, you would need another 8-pin GPU cable. On the backside of the motherboard, there's actually a 4TH POWER_VGA4 connector, which in theory you could plug another one of those 0TN9TD GPU cables into. I haven't tried yet b/c too am having issues finding this cable. The only place I found it is eBay, but I'd rather buy it direct from Dell if they would ever make it available.

NOTE: one word of caution is that some RTX2080Ti cards are pretty tall with their heatsink/fans. Plugging these GPU power cables might kink if the card is too tall. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
bmcowboy
3 Silver

Hi @roland.garcia ,

Here's what you need:

Original Dell Dell T7920 Workstation Graphics power cord TN9TD 0TN9TD

1.JPG2.JPG

“May the Force be with Dell.”
0 Kudos
blarkie
1 Copper

Can a standard 8-pin to 8+8-pin (or (6+2)+(6+2))-pin be used instead? Currently facing this dilemma but with a Precision 3930 and a 2080 Ti.

This is the best I've found so far:

Athena Power Cable-EPS8PCIE6282 10" Cable Male to Male

0 Kudos
bmcowboy
3 Silver

Hi @blarkie ,

Yes you can. I'm currently using a generic 8pin to dual 6+2pin splitter on my T5600 with RTX 2070. It should be fine with your 7920 as well.

“May the Force be with Dell.”
michaelcochez
1 Copper

did anyone get this setup working with 2 x 2080 RTX Graphics with an SLI bridge?

It seems like they would not physically fit into the casing next to each other as the SLI bridge forces a PCI slot between them.

0 Kudos