Smilla0815
2 Bronze

Dell Presicion T1700 SFF Cables for second Hard drive

Hi!

I have a Dell Precision T1700 SFF and I would like to add a second SSD Hard drive, I already have one SDD in there, so I already have the drive cage. What I still need, however, is one SATA Cable and a power cable.

The SATA Cable's part number (black) should be 05N8N2 (correct me if I'm wrong). As for the power cable, I'm getting stuck here. it seems that the T1700 SFF has only 2 power cables, one for the DVD Drive and one a the HDD.

Now I've seen a few options there one of which is the use of Y-Cable slitter, but I was wondering what the 'official Dell solution' (if any) would be?

@DELL Staff

I understand you guys have a part database with part-numbers and photos for each item that is used for the T1700 SFF. Can you check that DB and tell me what the part-numbers of the power cables (or adapters) are that Dell would recommend/use for my purpose (second SSD)?

Thank you for your help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DELL-Cares

No response received

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos
Clintlgm
4 Beryllium

Re: Dell Presicion T1700 SFF Cables for second Hard drive

Does you motherboard have a 2nd or 3rd SATA slot is so I would guess that any SATA Cable should work 

Also 

To get this information you need to log on to  Dell Support, enter your model number, and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook

There should be an MB diagram showing you where each SATA slot are, show you if you need a proprietary cable to connect to the motherboard.

As far as Power goes its common to use a splitter cable usually they'll have 3 to 5 connections

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.

Inspiron 13 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix

Precision 3440 SFF CTO BASE, VIntel Xeon W-1250 (6 Core, 12M cache, base 3.3GHz, up to 4.7GHz) 16GB 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHz or 2933MHz (2933MHz requires Intel Core i7 or above) UDIMM Non-ECC Memory Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
0 Kudos
Clintlgm
4 Beryllium

Re: Dell Presicion T1700 SFF Cables for second Hard drive

If your wanting to contact Dell personnel, I would suggest posting in the customer care forum. You  need to post in the Customer Care Forum they have Dell employees that that may or may not help you https://www.dell.com/community/Customer-Care/bd-p/Customer-Care?ref=lithium_menu

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.

Inspiron 13 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix

Precision 3440 SFF CTO BASE, VIntel Xeon W-1250 (6 Core, 12M cache, base 3.3GHz, up to 4.7GHz) 16GB 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHz or 2933MHz (2933MHz requires Intel Core i7 or above) UDIMM Non-ECC Memory Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
0 Kudos