Precision Fixed Workstations

Last reply by 10-03-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
1 Amber
1 Amber

Dell T7910 Memory Configuration

Hello All,

I own a Dell T7910 with dual CPU and 32GB [8x 4GB].  I want to up my memory/s to 96GB by adding 64GB [4x 16GB] but on Dell's memory configuration table, it does not show a combination of 4GB and 16GB.  Is it possible to combine 8x 4GB and 4x 16GB?

Replies (2)

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

6 Indium

If that's what you want to do, be sure to buy RAM that comes with something for a return policy.  If it works, it won't be the first time RAM has worked outside of the configuration table.  Make sure all other RAM specs are the same, including voltage 

If not already, make sure you have the latest BIOS that's for the 7910.

If it doesn't work, machine won't break.  At worst, it won't boot. 

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.
- If you have an Optiplex, stating its model number AND size speeds up troubleshooting. Components vary.

Code of Conduct
TechSupport YouTube

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is user to user with occasional assistance by other Rockstars or Dell employees.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor