Highlighted
Aleksiv95
1 Copper

Enabling TPM prevents Windows from booting

I have a Precision T5400 workstation with a working Windows 10 installation. TPM is disabled in BIOS.

I want to enable BitLocker with TPM. However, when I enable TPM in BIOS, Windows will not boot: it keeps loading (rotating white dots on black screen) and will never reach the login screen. The same happens with Windows 10 installation media (USB boot): the installation wizard will only start if TPM is disabled in BIOS. It does not matter if TPM is activated or deactivated: both prevent booting if TPM is in the enabled state.

I have another T5400 and the same happens also on that machine. So I don't think it's a bad motherboard.

I have upgraded BIOS to the latest A11, but it does not help. I also cannot reach safe mode. Everything works as usual once I disable TPM, but then it's obviously not visible in Windows.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Aleksiv95
1 Copper

Re: Enabling TPM prevents Windows from booting

Not meaning to be impatient, does anyone have a clue? This machine needs to be encrypted. If the answer is "not compatible", I'll take that, too. We can use PIN instead of TPM with BitLocker. TPM is just more convenient 🙂

0 Kudos
DeviesVi
1 Copper

Re: Enabling TPM prevents Windows from booting

Mine also has some problems when Tpm enabled. I'm using alienware 15 r2. I think the keys inside that module corrupted.

0 Kudos