Start a Conversation

Unsolved

U

48 Posts

July 12th, 2019 09:00

Hard Disk Sentinel

Hello everyone! 

Why HDD Sentinel don't see SSD temp, power on time and estimated remaining lifetime? Here is LiteOn IT LCS256M6S 2.5 7mm 256GB.

Thanks in advance!

https://postimg.cc/hQb66qHJ

573 Posts

July 12th, 2019 10:00

Hi @uco73 ,

Although it's not a question directly related to Dell even if it happens on a Dell machine, let me try to see if anything helps.

According to this thread from HDSentinel forum, Windows Defender may somehow blocks access to disk status and information completely. See if those suggested method mentioned in the thread helps on your case.

48 Posts

July 12th, 2019 12:00

I disabled Windows Defender and installed Kaspersky. Problem is still here.

48 Posts

July 20th, 2019 09:00

EC (Embedded Controller) sensor does not allow any program to read information. I do not mind that and it's better for the protection of the computer itself.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

July 21st, 2019 09:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @uco73 

It is drive specific what information it will display. 

An SSD does not have all of the same "SMART" attributes as an HDD.

I notice that some SSD's do have temperature readings and some do not.

I test and "DOD Wipe" hundreds of HDD's and SSD's every week. "Using Sentinel"

OPT990.PNG

Some model SSD's will show the drive at 50% but is perfectly fine.

Best regards,

U2

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

July 22nd, 2019 06:00

@uco73 

Not sure what the difference is???

Maybe the version of the drives are different???

Take a look.

Lite-On-256GB.PNG

Lite-On-256GB#2.PNG

Let me know what you think???

Regards,

U2

18 Posts

November 29th, 2019 22:00

Hi Uco73.

I am not able to respond to your question on Hard Disk Sentinel. However, I suggest that you reach out to the developer of HDS, Janos Mathe via email, right out of HDS  - Click Report. Send Test Report to Developer. When doing so, HDS will prepare a complete report of the technical details of your hard drive. If you want to see what the report contains, you can click Report. Save TXT Report, and then review the report before sending it. 

I have been using HDS for more than a year, for my own systems, as well as for the systems of the clients that I support. I probably deployed so far to perhaps 30-40 desktops, and counting, on both Dell Servers, as well as Optiplexes, Latitudes and Inspirons.

In the process, I ran into 3-4 small glitches which I reported to Janos. He is responsive, and will get back to you if you provide him contact information. He actually made changes to HDS based on the issues that I reported, provided me with beta versions of those fixes, which resolved those particular glitches.

For example, I purchased a new PowerEdge 340 server, with two SSDs in RAID1 configuration, and three SSDs in RAID5 configuration for a client. The SSDs in RAID1 configuration would not provide the accurate information with the version that I had at the time (5.40 if I am not mistaken). Janos made the changes, sent me an updated 5.40.x version which corrected the issue.

Hope this helps.

No Events found!