Highlighted
leowork
1 Nickel

Led problem RAID.

Jump to solution
Good afternoon. My case is not specifically a problem, but something that should not happen. The LED flashes in white and yellow indicating that there is a problem in the RAID configuration, the curious thing is that I do not have a RAID armed. I passed the test from the bios and everything is ok, but when I run the software support assist if it freezes and I can't finish the test. * Precision 5820
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
bmcowboy
3 Zinc

Re: Led problem RAID.

Jump to solution

Hi @leowork ,

What is the power light amber-white blinking pattern? Only a "4 amber blinks followed by a short pause, 6 white blinks, long pause" refer to RAID volume problem.

You may check it with Preboot blinking power button codes to clarify the exact problem description.

“May the Force be with Dell.”
0 Kudos
leowork
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Hello @bmcowboy , yes, it's 4 amber blinks and 6 white blinks. They indicate a problem in the RAID configuration. The curious thing is that I do not have armed a RAID.
0 Kudos
bmcowboy
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

Hi @leowork ,

Further checked on the Owner's Manual and found 5820 support on-board RAID. In fact SATA operation in BIOS set as RAID-ON by default. You may check it on your machine and see if any help by changing this option or reset BIOS to default then set SATA operation to AHCI.

1.JPG

0 Kudos
leowork
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Will switching from RAID to ACHI cause me errors or need to install drives? Besides the 4 hard drives I also have a DELL quad nvme card, however nothing is configured in RAID.
0 Kudos
bmcowboy
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

Hi @leowork ,

I further found a video here showing all BIOS options of 5810, and the moment at 1'00" shows the exact option of SATA Operation:

1.JPG

Changing from "RAID On" to "AHCI" shouldn't affect non-RAID hard drive operation, i.e. no need any re-configuration in Windows. But since there's a RAID-related alert as per your fundamental question, better check and confirm it in advance by steps below:

1. Press F12 during POST
  2. There should be Intel Matrix Storage Manager screen displayed. Make sure that all drive status as Non-RAID DISK like this:

2.JPG

Noted that I don't have the exact system to test with. If possible, make a backup before action would be the best policy.

0 Kudos
leowork
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Hi, I followed the steps and when I restarted the OS was hung. It automatically reloaded and ran all the stability processes of DELL and it seems to be 100%, thank you very much! Smiley Happy