Highlighted
Romanz7531
1 Copper

Multiple Monitors on Dell Precisions

So basically, I have multiple extra VGA monitors, and I plugged a display to VGA into my GTX 1080 ti, and the only one that works is the first monitor I plug in,and every other one doesn't. 

The system notices that they are there, says the monitor name, I already tried going into the nvidia properties and it wont let me check the monitor box but it shows it white and open for me to click, and if I go to display properties it tells me that it couldn't save my settings, and it says the monitor isn't active.

So I contacted the Dell on the phone for help and they told me since I have a GTX 1080 Ti and that wasn't the original GPU, that they couldn't assist me or help me. They did tell me that I should be able to somehow.

I heard about this enabling multiple monitors in the bios, but I cannot find the option for it in the Dell T7500 A18 Bios.

Also, the guy told me on the phone that there is no such thing as A18 Bios, and he said the highest BIOS was A12... But it's literally right here https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=8kvn3 On the website lol

Specs:

X5675 Xeon CPU
32 GB ECC RAM
PNY GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Bios version is the highest version along with GPU verison

0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: Multiple Monitors on Dell Precisions

@Romanz7531 wrote:

1. going into the nvidia properties 

2. So I contacted the Dell on the phone for help and they told me since I have a GTX 1080 Ti and that wasn't the original GPU, that they couldn't assist me or help me. They did tell me that I should be able to somehow.

3. I heard about this enabling multiple monitors in the bios, but I cannot find the option for it in the Dell T7500 A18 Bios.

4. Also, the guy told me on the phone that there is no such thing as A18 Bios, and he said the highest BIOS was A12... But it's literally right here https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=8kvn3 On the website lol

1. I thought you Cloned or Extended monitors in Windows Settings.

2. That's Lame if you have an existing support contract

3. No that is something else. You don't need to do anything in BIOS.

4. Who knows. I also see A17. I doubt it's a BIOS problem (so A16 is likely fine).

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos