Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MM

1 Rookie

• 

135 Posts

January 5th, 2023 19:00

Precision Customisation

I just visited the Dell store, and to my surprise online customisation is no longer possible for the Precision line. Chat and phone (!!) are the only options offered instead. I don't know about everyone else, but this is a backward step in my book. Does this signal the imminent release of new models? I wonder.....

5 Practitioner

• 

4.7K Posts

January 5th, 2023 20:00

1 Rookie

• 

135 Posts

January 5th, 2023 22:00

Unfortunately, I’m not in the US.

1 Rookie

• 

135 Posts

January 6th, 2023 15:00

Well, I did manage to find one T5820 on the Australian site, but look at the price difference! Currently, the US price for the same computer is 70% less. It would be interesting to do a quick countrywide price comparison.

Dell USADell USADell AUSDell AUS

5 Practitioner

• 

4.7K Posts

January 7th, 2023 20:00

I guess the query for customization was resolved and eased your concern.  As for your other interest, Dell is an American based company and the global market pricing would be different.  Depending on cost of doing business (regulation, employment, logistics) and current market condition (inflation, currency value, etc.), it won't be a valid comparison, especially, it won't solve any issue.

If you are looking for workstation with some additional discount, check out the outlet site, sometimes it has the build that meet your expectation https://www.dell.com/en-au/outlet/work/shop

1 Rookie

• 

135 Posts

January 7th, 2023 22:00

My query was not resolved, because there is nothing on offer to customise. I do not know the reason for the current lack of supply, but It was never like this before. I hope that the situation improves shortly, however. I can also assure you that the price discrepancy was never as big as it is now, but please let's leave it there.

No Events found!