Unsolved

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 13th, 2018 13:00

Software Control of Intake Fans - Dell Precision T3500

Hi All,

I bought a stock refurb T3500 from a local computer store about a year ago and they were able to set up software control of the front intake fans (I'm having overheating issues - especially now since I lost software control - despite having rear outtake fans x2 in addition to the intakes). I did something to speedfan (what we were using to control the fans; I think I did an update to speedfan and it lost its config) and now cannot even get any part of the system (or any other software, such as NZXT's Cam) to see the fans (not even the temp sensors are showing in the BIOS, not even a line item to see such sensors). I think my comp store may have had A19 on here (and that may have made the difference) but looking around for the A19 bios shows it's meant for the Optiplex and not the Precision T3500. 

Is there anyway with the A17 bios to software control my intake fans (as they currently do not spin up any faster when the processor starts getting hotter, they just idly spin away at some unknown default). I'd rather not buy a controller if I don't have to.

No Responses!
No Events found!