Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 1st, 2023 15:00

Standoff need for Precision 3660

Hi, 

Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find the answer. I have also reached out to dell but I am not getting an answer.

We have just purchased a new computer for the office and wish to add more storage. We seem to be missing a standoff, but I am getting mixed messages about which I need to order. I've checked the manual for this model and it seems the screws are m2x3.5 but I cannot seem to locate which stand-off I need. 

I went to a local store and they opened up a similar but not exact model and said I need this at the link below. However, this differs to the standoff that is already installed in the second picture (SSD2). 

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/Inspiron-3670-M-2-mount-screw/m-p/6114118#M6047

Can anyone help determine which standoff I need to order for the first picture (SSD1), please? And whether they will also use the standard screws to install the actual SSD. Thanks in advance. 

0.jpg0-1.jpg

4 Posts

February 9th, 2023 13:00

So after much trial and error, the part we needed from Dell was "RD5KF". This standoff is different from the standoffs I found elsewhere, as shown in the picture. Different thread sizes. The standoff with the screw installed (left) in the picture below, simply didn't fit, while the standoff with the cross did (there is a thread within the cross).   

IMG-1879.jpgIMG-1878.jpg

• 

25.1K Posts

February 2nd, 2023 09:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

4 Posts

February 2nd, 2023 11:00

Apologies, I didn't get a notification. I have responded to the private message. 

4 Posts

February 2nd, 2023 14:00

Will any standoff work? I was informed it requires a specific size. The screw thread may not be standard...

5 Practitioner

• 

4.7K Posts

February 2nd, 2023 14:00

Take your pick  NVMe standoff

5 Practitioner

• 

4.7K Posts

February 3rd, 2023 17:00

Not every standoff will work.  You must select the kit which have M.2 x 3.5 sizes and try it out.  Very highly that it will have the correct size you need.  

No Events found!