Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

6 Posts

June 1st, 2019 10:00

T5820 HDD Flex carrier

I just bought a new T5820 and am trying to install my 3.5 HDD into one of the 3 flex bays.  The problem is when I pull out the empty tray, there is this little plastic spacer if you were going to install a 2.5 HDD.  The 1,000,000 question is how do I remove the spacer without breaking it?  The Owners Manual, although Dell has tried really hard to make setting up a computer **bleep** proof, offers absolutely NO help in this matter.

Please help me!!!This little spacerThis little spacer

5 Posts

June 13th, 2019 06:00

I did the exact same as you are trying.

To remove the 2.5" drive spacer, push it with your thumbs away and down from the nearest edge. The spacer may sound as if it's cracking - it's not. It can then be slid out of the bottom slot.

However be very careful - see what happened when I added the 3.5" drive and slid the caddy in.Stiil waiting for an answer.

6 Posts

July 17th, 2019 18:00

Yeah, good luck with your stuck flex bay...that would .  I took this to Office Depot the last time and the young kid behind the help desk got it out in like less than a minute.  Here I still struggle b/c I'm afraid I'm going to break it.

Randy

1 Message

January 18th, 2021 13:00

For others with this same dumb MFG design problem here is a video showing how to remove the plastic 2.5" adapter.

Skip to 1 minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mezdM4IoyJw

No Events found!