Start a Conversation

Unsolved

RF

3 Posts

January 15th, 2020 11:00

T7500 problem

Hello everyone I ran into a problem after replacing the motherboard in my T7500. I am getting aessage that says no power to the monitor. I've tried everything. Disconnected and reconnected cables , reset motherboard with battery removal , swapped monitors , changed cables , swapped graphics cards , pulled out then reinserted ram and still no luck. Any suggestions?

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

January 15th, 2020 11:00

Does the power supply LED come on when you plug into a working outlet? It's on the right side of rear of the case, opposite the power cord socket.

What happens when you press the power supply diagnostics (BIST) button next to that LED?

Why did you replace the old motherboard and could the replacement board be DOA?

FYI: Precision forum is here.

January 15th, 2020 16:00

I replaced the motherboard cause it stopped booting , was giving me Amber lights on the front and was a error code. After replacing it booted fine. The led is green and stays green when pressed. The old motherboard had so much what looked like old soda , syrup in the bottom of it. 

January 15th, 2020 18:00

It boots up with the new motherboard, 

Says no signal from computer ,

No error codes. 

I tried all different slots for the video cards. Used the video card that was in it and a new one I have that is compatible. 

The ram was already in the PC when purchased. It worked fine. 

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

January 15th, 2020 18:00

Now I'm confused...

So you're saying it booted for a while with the new motherboard and then stopped booting?

Does the error message say "no power" or "no signal" to the monitor?

Any error code from the power button and/or from the diagnostic LEDs on the front?

How many video cards in this system? Have you tried the other PCI-e x16 slot?

If you have a 2nd CPU on the riser, have you removed that riser card?

Are you sure the "test" video cards and RAM, etc are compatible with this system?

Might still be the new motherboard failed or possibly the CPU...

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

January 16th, 2020 10:00

How do you know PC fully boots up if there's no signal to the monitor?

Did you use the same video output port on the video cards and monitors when you swapped cards and/or monitors?

Some monitors are dumb and have to be told manually which video input is being used. Assuming the monitor has an On-Screen Display (OSD) that's opened by pressing a button(s) on the monitor itself, open OSD and look for the option to select the video port, and make sure it's set to use the port where monitor is connected to PC. Save the change, power monitor off/on and reboot PC

Have you tried clearing BIOS on the motherboard?

1. Power off, unplug
  2. Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
  3. Open case and remove motherboard battery (check Service Manual for details)
  4. Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
  5. Reinstall the battery (Might be time for a fresh battery)
  6. Close up, connect mouse, monitor and keyboard
  7. Reboot
No Events found!