Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

March 21st, 2021 12:00

Update to Win 10 20H2 causes Realtek audio card to NOT work

Four time I have updated to Win 10 20H2 and four times I have had to roll it back due to failure to find the audio card (no sound from speakers after upgrade).  2.5 hours on the phone with a Dell Tech didn't solve it, and now Dell is saying it is a software issue.  I could understand if this was a third party software that I chose to install, but this is Microsoft, and I have no choice.  At some point in the next 25 days they will force me to upgrade and my new XPS 8930 (not even a year old) will be mute.  This is the new Windows build, and all future Dell machines will have to shop with it.  Can anyone offer a fix on how to deal with this?  The latest Realtek driver released 3/17/21 does NOT fix the problem.  Thanks. 

1.5K Posts

March 21st, 2021 20:00

Uninstall the update you don't need it for anything. Hope for a resolution with H4 or whatever they call the spring upgrade

Go to all settings/security and updates there is a link to uninstall updated click it. Find the update and uninstall. i have removed it from 3 of my 4 units for various incompatibilities mainly my computers not showing up in network Connection

Otherwise, have you reinstalled the Realtec software/hardware drivers, usually fixes these kinds of issues

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 21st, 2021 21:00

you must reinstall oem realtek audio driver after each feature update

192 Posts

March 22nd, 2021 07:00

Right-click your sound icon > Sound Settings Make sure your realtek audio is the default output device.

No Events found!