1 Copper

Battery indicator wrong when power is lost

Never mind the selection of "latitude" it made me choose something and mine wasn't an option.

M6600 running windows 10

I'm a DJ as my living. There are times when a venue (or my circuit) may lose power. When this happens and my laptops (two identical laptops one running windows 10, the other windows 7) switch to running from their batteries, witgin about a minute or two they will shut down indicating incorrectly that I'm out of battery life. This also happens if I start them on battery power but plugged into their ac adapters but not an outlet (no ac power coming in). If I start them fresh without the adapter plugged into the ac input port, battery level is fine and it runs from its own battery power normally. Any solution other than running them both through a ups all the time in case of power outages? (I have battery powered speakers so if the venue loses power I can still provide music for a while).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
1 Copper

Re: Battery indicator wrong when power is lost

My guess is that when external ac power is lost, the computers read the level remaining in the ac adapters rather than internal battery?
0 Kudos