Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:06

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

January 24th, 2018 02:00

Version 1.7 was removed due to the issues outlined here:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln308587/microprocessor-side-channel-vulnerabilities-cve-2017-5715-cve-2017-5753-cve-2017-5754-impact-on-dell-products?lang=en

If you aren't seeing any issues since the update I would just leave it as is.

January 24th, 2018 11:00

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

The only issue that I had after BIOS update was that during the M1200 driver update, once the laptop restarts the installation no longer continues with a message mentioning that the Nvidia hardware is not present. I was able to do an OS recovery to get the NVIDIA card working (the instalation completely removed the existing driver). I am in WIN 7 64. By the way is it possible to configure the BIOS in order to only use the NVIDIA graphics cars? Currently the BIOS does not mention the presence of the NVIDIA card.

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

January 25th, 2018 05:00

Glad to hear you got round that issue. Unfortunately it's not possible to override the on-board graphics from within the BIOS.

January 25th, 2018 11:00

Can you please enlighten us why the NVIDIA driver broke the instalation?

How is it possible that an official DELL driver removes the one that is installed, re-starts the laptop and then cannot proceed the installation because it does not detect the NVIDIA hardware?

Many thanks in advance for your kind support and clarifications.

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

January 26th, 2018 02:00

To be honest, I can't explain with any certainty why that would happen, I can only speculate that the update file was somehow corrupted. Removing the driver and restarting can be expected, but not detecting the hardware afterwards isn't. Again, this would suggest file corruption, especially as the actions you have since taken have resolved the issue. I'm sorry I can't be any more specific than that.

No Events found!