2 Bronze

DELL PRECISION M6400 issue

I would like to buy battery for my DELL PRECISION M6400 laptop.  How much for 6-cell and 9-cell?

Also, I need dell technical support to check on my laptop hardware.  I guess my graphics card is not functioning properly.  Every time I play youtube video my laptop will shut down but I can view in safe mode - networking.  My laptop will shut down too even if I view some websites with animation, gifs and so on.  I have set my windows to display in performance mode but it only works for a few weeks then the shut down case returned again.

Please advise how to solve such cases.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DELL PRECISION M6400 issue

neosamz,

To purchase a battery for your computer please contact Dell Spare Parts at 1-877-717-3355 or click the link below.

Dell Spare Parts

You may want to run the diagnostics on the system to see if the video card is faulty or any other hardware in the system is failing. To run the diags, start the computer and tap the F8 key. Choose the PSA diags.
If nothing is failing you may want to update the video card drivers for your computer from the link below.

Precision m6400 Drivers, Downloads and Manual

If needed contact Dell Out Of Warranty Support

0 Kudos
1 Copper

I am from Malaysia.  Not able to find from Malaysia Dell online store.  Please kindly help me.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Gold

Given that this is a ten-year old system now, third party is likely the only option for batteries - anything OEM is likely old stock. 

As for the other issue, it's not going to be worth the cost in parts to replace a video card - you're better off upgrading to a new (or newer) system - after 3-5 years old, it's not cost effective to repair notebooks.

0 Kudos