Can anyone help me with frustrating issue - occasionally my inspiron 5530 (one week old) is hanging / freezing occasionally. Doesn't matter if i use Excel, typing, web browsing - from time to time touchpad dosen't respond, I can't type - 5-15 seconds and goes back to normal. It dosen't hapend when I use laptop with TB15 dock station, it only happens when I use laptop standalone with mouse (Logi Mx 2s), Hardware test dosen't show any hardware issues. What I did / check so far (in order):
1. System restore and clean W1064bit pro instal - no luck
2. Switched off in Bios "C states" (found on dell forums) - no luck
3. Switched off any touchpad gestures - no luck
4. Instal 32 bit browser, 32bit office - no luck
5. install any avaliable driver updates - no luck
6. Updated BIOS to 1.6 - no lock
7. Again system restore, fresh drivers - for al half hour was fine after that it happened again
7.1. Switched off all Dell service (why they need to overload CPU all the time ?!?!?!?!) - no luck
8. Repaste CPU, GPU, add thermopads to all coils (I thought it's happend when laptop is overheated - no luck)
Stay all time with dock station is not an option - I didn't bought laptop to use it all the time like PC.
What is interesting - when it freezes and I press caps lock - led responds all the time (on / off) Any sugestions?
5530+TB15+2xMonitors+logi mx 2s, Logik 780 (unifing adapter / bluetooth) - everyting is fine
5530 +Logi mx 2s (Unifining adapter or bluetooth) - it hangs / freezes
5530 stand alone - it hangs / freezes
some fresh thoughts:
1. Switched off any logitech services between freezes - no lock
2. When "freeze happens" I quickly press power button to put laptop on sleep and press it again to wake up - everything goes back to normal.
So I assume culprot is touch screen?
Swithed in device manager screen keyboard and pen - will see.
Disabling "C states" did not help. I've already try that.
What helped: Updating Bios to 1.7.0. and switching off all power settings. Buuuuuuuut I get screen flickering problem when I use laptop as "Stand alone" (thanks INTEL)
But in the end, getting flicker from time to time is better that freez.