Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 9th, 2020 01:00

Dell Precision 5550 headset connected to laptop via Y-Cable only speaker function recognized, microphone is not connected

So as mentioned in the subject line, I have been issued a Dell Precision 5550 running Windows 10. All drivers are up-to-date. In my current work-from-home configuration I have my headphones which have two connectors one for audio out and one for microphone connected to the laptop directly using a Y-Cable. In this configuration the audio output is working correctly, but the microphone on the headset is marked in the Windows Sounds Recording tab as "Not Connected".

When I unplug the headset from the laptop then plug it in again the dialog asking which device appears, meaning that the plug event is actually working. However, only the headphones/headset section is highlighted, mic-in is not available.

Is there anything I'm missing in my configuration, for example in BIOS or such that is preventing this jack built into the laptop from working as a universal audio jack?

1 Message

November 9th, 2020 04:00

HI,

We had the issue fixed by setting up the WaveMaxx profile to Headset from Headphones when the pop-up appeared.

Regards,

Prajwal

#IWORK4DELL

• 

25K Posts

November 9th, 2020 03:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

• 

25K Posts

November 9th, 2020 04:00

HI,

I have posted the solution on public so that it can be helpful.

Having said that, I will be archiving the case from our end.

Feel free to drop in a message if you need any assistance.
We'll be glad to assist you.

Once the case is closed, you may receive a survey regarding your interaction with us. We'd really appreciate your participation in it, as we'd love to know how you feel about our support.

Prajwal

1 Message

February 13th, 2021 13:00

Hi

I have the same problem as here in the thread and followed advice is from.
After activating MaxxAudio Pro, for a short time there was sound in my earplugs.
Then my Dell assistant announced an update and now again I can not get sound in mine earplugs.
I do not know what update should fix, but it is to believe it is the one who has recreated the problem.

Very much like help with fix.

• 

25K Posts

February 20th, 2021 06:00

Hi there, We want to make sure your system is working fine and hence following up. Having said that, we do not want to disturb you with numerous messages. We will wait to hear from you to continue the conversation.

February 21st, 2021 22:00

For me (the original poster) this issue has been solved, and can be closed.

No Events found!