Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

3 Posts

May 18th, 2018 03:00

Dell TouchPad Application not showing all the options in 7710

Hi,

I have noticed that when Dell TouchPad application is launched from StartMenu, the application is not showing all the options like Sensitivity, Gestures, Buttons etc., Instead it shows only Mouse-Settings -> Launch Control Panel.

In the device manger, Dell TouchPad is shown under Mice and other pointing devices. The drivers are installed correctly, its only the application/control panel doesn't have all the options.

I have tried installing the latest TouchPad driver and installed as an application but still no luck.
Could you please let me know how can I achieve to have all the possible options available in Dell TouchPad application when it is launched. Appreciate your help!

Model: Dell Precision 7710

Regards,
Prabu

9.4K Posts

May 18th, 2018 05:00

Hi PrabuM,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Please make sure you've installed the drivers in the correct order.  Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Dell Precision 7710 Mobile Workstation Windows Driver Installation Guide

How to Fix Touchpad Problems on a Dell Laptop (short video)

3 Posts

May 18th, 2018 08:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager to install OS and drivers to 7710 hardware and windows installs the drivers using PnP driver installation method. I believe the Chipset will be installed first.

As I mentioned, I could see the Dell TouchPad in the device manager which means the drivers are installed fine. Only the Dell TouchPad application is not showing all the expected options when it is launched from the system start menu. Could you please advise how will I achieve it?

3 Posts

May 21st, 2018 04:00

Hi Robert,

Yes, I tried expanding the Mice and other Pointed Devices in device manager and the driver is already installed "Dell TouchPad Driver", but the Dell TouchPad application doesn't show all options when it is launched. 

As I said before, the driver is installed fine and showing up in the device manager. I am not sure I can able to share the servicetag as the machine is in client environment. 

9.4K Posts

May 21st, 2018 04:00

Have you tried expanding the Mice And Other Pointed Devices in device manager?  At the taskbar, click on Action, and then Scan For Hardware Changes, hopefully the touchpad driver appear. If that doesn't work, click View, and then Show Hidden Devices.  If it's not showing there, we may need to look at a hardware issue.

Also, send me your Service Tag Number and private information in a Private Message, thanks.

1 Message

March 15th, 2019 07:00

Hi, 

Have you seen a fix for this?

1 Message

March 31st, 2019 04:00

I just had the same problem. I updated the BIOS to the latest version and all the touchpad options showed up again.

I recently had my motherboard replaced and the bios on the new board was apparently an older version. When I launched the Dell Touchpad program, all the options for my touchpad were gone (except mouse). It only gave me the option to launch Windows mouse settings. I went to the Dell website, downloaded the latest bios for my system and updated it. Afterwards, when I launched touchpad, all of my options were back and it works like before.

1 Message

April 5th, 2020 04:00

Hi:
Thanks a lot for getting me to try this option. I had tried every other fix except this, and it worked, 

No Events found!