Does my M3800 have a touch screen?

I recently acquired a Precision M3800 with an i7-4702HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz, 8MB DRAM, and a 256GB SSD.  I don't know if it has a touch screen, but if so it isn't working.  How can I tell if it even has a touch screen?  The resolution is currently set to 3840x2160 if that is any help in determining this.  I see nothing in the Device Manager or Control Panel that obviously mentions a touch screen. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: Does my M3800 have a touch screen?

You can look up the system specs using the service tag  -- "original configuration" at support.dell.com.

If you don't see a touchpanel listed in the system properties though - it likely doesn't have one.

0 Kudos

Re: Does my M3800 have a touch screen?

Thanks for the suggestion.  I looked up the service tag and one of the items listed was a 15.6-inch FHD (1920x1080) touch display.  Unless the recommended setting for that display 3840x2160, which is what my system is using successfully as the recommended resolution, then it looks like the display must have gotten replaced at some point after the original purchase.  If that is the case then I still don't know if the replacement is supposed to be a touch screen.  My guess, based upon the absence of any such wording in the Device Manager and Control Panel, is that it isn't :-(

0 Kudos