1 Copper

Installation of windows 7 on dell 5520 with skylake chip

Hey there,

I do have an issue with my dell precision 5520.

I tried to reset the laptop and reinstall windows but it doen't want to work.

I tried to install windows on a skylake chip but after the installation if the pen drive is still in the laptop start again with the installation of windows from the beginninf, if the pen drive is out it start to do a hardware checks and after **bleep** shows up this thext:

no bootable device were found!possible couses be a curropt os image or a boot device is not enable in bios setup"

I tryed to modify the image from after downloading it from the dell web site but doesnt' want to work.

I tried to do it also via phone with a guy of the dell technical support but it doesn' t want to work.

I aske for more help but dell told me that they do not have at the moments hard disk to send me.

I got in touch with the intel support US and they told me that the problem is with the firmale but dell doen't want to help me.

Please can someone help me???

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Installation of windows 7 on dell 5520 with skylake chip

Please send me a PM with your service tag. I'll look into it.

Thanks

DELL-Alasdair R
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 10am-5pm GMT (BST)
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
7 Gold

Re: Installation of windows 7 on dell 5520 with skylake chip

Did you build a custom Windows 7 image (that's required) -- or obtain a specific image for your model system?

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/how11804/how-to-install-windows-7-on-systems-with-skyla...

0 Kudos